Company with offices in La Puente, and Irwindale seeks Truck Drivers (Class A, B, C)
Front Loaders, Side Loaders, Roll-Off, Scouts
- Pick up and transport waste safely according to all federal, state and local rules and regulations
- Plan daily schedule based on customer’s needs by reviewing daily paperwork, e.g., manifest, route sheets, previous VCR, etc. provided by the Operations Manager, Route Supervisor or Dispatcher.
- Pick up specified waste from each customer site scheduled for the day. Ensure that customers have packaged and prepared the waste according to all federal, state and local rules and regulations before transporting.
- Provide the highest level of customer service to assigned accounts on a daily basis, communicating any issues to Operations Manager, Route Supervisor or Dispatcher for resolution. This includes, but is not limited to re-routes, adjustments in container sizes, training, etc.
- Ensure waste, supplies, and material-handling equipment is secured prior to operating vehicle on public highway.
- Ensure that assigned paperwork is completed legibly, neatly, accurately and completely and returned to Operations Manager, Route Supervisor or Dispatcher for processing. Ensure DOT Driver Log is completed, if applicable.
- Communicate with Field / Route Supervisor and/or Dispatcher regarding any change to route pickups, including address changes, customer not having waste ready for pickup, etc.
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip maintenance on assigned truck prior to leaving or closing for the day. Report any maintenance problems to supervisor for follow-up.
- Must work safely and carefully to prevent injury to self and others while driving, loading and unloading vehicle.
High school diploma or education equivalent to graduation from high school. Completion of an accredited driving school, or three plus years of Commercial Driving experience required.
- Class “A, B, C” CDL license with an excellent driving record is a MUST (NO POINTS), H6 PRINT OUT (LAST 30 DAYS).
- 21 years of age or older to operate a company vehicle on public roads.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) drug screen, background and motor vehicle records check and Department of Transportation Physical.
Listed below are key points regarding environment demands and work environment of the job.
- Drives heavy diesel truck to and from customer locations and disposal area(s).
- Climbs into and out of truck at customer locations and disposal area(s) between 400 – 600 times per shift.
- Requires extensive & repetitive lifting, pushing and pulling of receptacles (100+ per shift).
- Must follow all rules and regulations for driving on public roads at all times.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects greater than 75 pounds as part of the workday.
- Requires you to work in extreme hot or cold weather conditions.
- Normal setting for this job varies depending on the project need. Limited travel may be required.
As an industry leader, we offer a competitive salary and an exceptional benefits package, including medical, dental, and 401K. No relocation and/or visa sponsorship assistance is available.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT CORTEZ WASHINGTON at (310) 680 3700
SCREENING PROCESS BEGAN FEBRUARY 1, 2011. POSITONS WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL STAFFING NEEDS ARE MET AND IS SUBJECT TO CLOSE WITHOUT NOTICE.
SOUTH BAY ONE-STOP BUSINESS & CAREER CENTERS
110 SOUTH LA BREA AVENUE, SUITE 500
INGLEWOOD, CALIFORNIA 903010
310 680 3700
Public parking available at: 115 North Locust Street, Inglewood, Ca. 90301
South Bay One-Stop, an equal opportunity employer/program, is a partner in this event. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Requests for services, aids, and/or alternate formats need to be made 72 hours prior to the event by calling 310 680 3700 or TTD/TTY 310 674 6054