During the week of February 20-26, 2006 ITMT is urging Black the SGL/LGBTQ community participate in a nationwide week of gatherings to discuss adn address the key issues that are of the most importance to our community.
Organizations are asked to host events specifically during this week under the umbrella of it being National Black SGL LGBTQ week.
ITMT has developed a 5 point mission for UNITY Week whuch includes:
- We are calling for a time to work together and to support each other as Black LGBTQ people.
- We are calling for a time to connect with the larger Black Community and to openly share our experiences as Black LGBTQ people.
- We are calling for a time to proclaim our individual and collective liberation as Black LGBTQ people.
- We are calling for a time where we embrace the diversity that exists within the Black LGBTQ Community.
- We are calling for a time to honor our ancestors and to share our history as Black LGBTQ people.
In addition to your local events, In The Meantime is also planning to host gatherings here in Los Angeles on Monday and Tuesday, February 20-21, 2006 and on Sunday Feb. 26, 2006. If you’d like to participate in this nationwide week of UNITY, your organization’s name will be added to their list of participants and be used in their national media campaign. Please contact them via e-mail at email@example.com. If you have other questions, you can also call them directly at 323-733-4868. Online ITMT can be found at www.inthemeantimemen.org.